Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Torsion Close-Contact Treeless English Saddle Review


  • Used with a toklat pad, with new inserts with poron
  • Very comfortable, very nice construction and materials
  • Naturally good position with long or short stirrups
  • Close-contact style means no thick flaps under the thighs, gives the saddle a bit of a twist
  • Very solid construction - fits my high withered, wide-shouldered horse wonderfully and DOES NOT SLIP. With a fleece saddle seat saver it’s very secure.

I bought this saddle in great used condition on eBay for $399 + s/h. I have not worked in this saddle as much as I would have liked, my horse is still in rehab mode from an SI injury. I can say that for the rider, this saddle is wonderful. I can also say that this saddle fits him beautifully, no slipping, sits perfectly for his shoulders and withers, and does not seem to make him sore.  His back looks just as good after riding in this saddle as it does before I put it on him.  While he tends to get girthy with saddles that aren't a great fit, he has no issues with this one.

This saddle also works well for me and doesn't make my wide horse feel enormous.  It has a low cantle, but with a fleece seat saver it is quite secure.  Unlike my cheap eBay saddle this saddle is not floppy, it is quite structured, and perfectly contoured to my horse's back (with enough flexibility to work on many different shapes).  Overall I am extremely happy with this purchase, and after a bit more rehab for my horse, plan to put many miles in this saddle.

See all of my English Style Treeless Saddle Reviews.


No comments:

Post a Comment